The Romanian Ecological Society is a non-profit, non-governmental, independent and apolitical organization established (having as a legal basis Law no. 21/1924, modified through OUG 26/2000) in 1990, with an unlimited duration of activity.
The RES has been established in order to facilitate cooperation among scientists, teaching staff, students, policy and decision makers, media staff who are involved in:
– research and knowledge development regarding all types of ecological systems;
– education and training in the field of theoretical and applied ecology;
– use of products of theoretical and applied ecology in the management of ecosystems and natural resources;
– use the scientific products and tools from ecology to design and develop strategies and policies for sustainable development and
– informing and communicating the science of ecology to the public and, by doing this, to promote the Science of Ecology in all sectors of the Romanian society.